A Magnitude 6.1 Earthquake has struck western Chile, the US Geological Survey says . It said the quake – centred 480km north of the capital, Santiago and 89km north-west of the port city of Coquimbo – was at a depth of 61.8km.It hit at 4.02pm Wednesday local time (8.02am Thursday .No reports of injuries Chile’s state emergency office, Onemi, said there were no reports of injuries, disruptions to basic services or infrastructure damage as a result of the tremor.The navy said the quake did not meet the conditions needed to trigger a Tsunami.
- Earthquake Strikes Chile’s Central North Area (guardianlv.com)
- Intense 6.1-magnitude earthquake reported near Coquimbo, Chile (guardianlv.com)
- 6.1-magnitude quake strikes Chile (thehindu.com)
- Earthquake jolts central Chile (bigpondnews.com)
- 6.1-magnitude quake strikes Chile (seattletimes.com)
- 6.1-magnitude quake strikes Chile (foxnews.com)