OK so I ran across this and thought I would share this with you guys.
This popular Jewish symbol is a six-pointed star formed by two overlapping equilateral triangles. It appears on many synagogues and also ON THE NATIONAL FLAG OF ISRAEL. The star symbol IS VERY OLD and was used as a decoration by MANY ANCIENT CULTURES, from Britain to Mesopotamia. The oldest known example dates from about 6000 B.C.
The oldest known symbol of Israel is NOT the Star of David but THE BURNING BUSH as mentioned in Exodus 3.
“And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a FLAME OF FIRE OUT OF THE MIDST OF A BUSH: and he (Moses) looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was NOT CONSUMED.” (Exodus 3:2)
The burning bush symbolized Israel, A NATION NOT CONSUMED. In spite of many nations trying to annihilate the Jews, God has promised to preserve them and this has proven true in history.
BUT WHAT ABOUT THAT STAR?
Note that the above says that the star dates back to about 6000 B.C., and was in many ancient cultures. This is very important because THIS STAR HAS BEEN CONNECTED TO FALSE PAGAN WORSHIP and Moses had a very difficult time getting the people of Israel to forsake this false religion.
During the Middle Ages the symbol became connected with MAGIC and protection, along with the pentagram or five-pointed star.
The connection with magic DATES MUCH EARLIER THAN THE MIDDLE AGES for both stars (The six-point and the five-point) and this can easily be proven by a study on magic and witchcraft.
The Star of David also came to be called the Shield of David or the Seal of Solomon, although its use by these leaders is doubtful. The STAR OF DAVID IS NOT MENTIONED IN SCRIPTURE.
At this point the Bible appears to disagree with the above even though the phrase “Star of David” itself does not appear in the Bible, it is obvious that THERE IS A STAR MENTIONED. Please note the following verses.
TWO TABERNACLES MENTIONED IN SCRIPTURE
- THE TRUE – “And Moses took the tabernacle, and pitched it without the camp, afar off from the camp, and called it THE TABERNACLE OF THE CONGREGATION. And it came to pass, that every one which sought the LORD went out unto the tabernacle of the congregation, which was without the camp.” (Exodus 33:7)
- THE FALSE – “And the LORD spake unto Moses saying, Speak unto the congregation, saying, Get you up from about the TABERNACLE OF KORAH, DATHAN, AND ABIRAM.” (Numbers 16:23-24)
So according to the above two passages there were TWO TABERNACLES in the wilderness. The true and the false. Notice below how God in His word identifies these two tabernacles and places THE FALSE ONE WITH A STAR.
- THE TRUE – “When God heard this, he was wroth, and greatly abhorred Israel: So that he forsook the TABERNACLE OF SHILOH, the tent which he placed among men.” (Psalms 78:59-60)
- THE FALSE – “Have ye offered unto me sacrifices and offerings in the wilderness forty years, O house of Israel? But ye have borne the TABERNACLE OF YOUR MOLOCH AND CHIUN your images, the STAR OF YOUR GOD, WHICH YE MADE TO YOURSELVES.” (Amos 5:25-26)
STEPHEN MENTIONS THIS STAR IN ACTS 7
- “Then God turned, and gave them up to WORSHIP THE HOST OF HEAVEN; as it is written in the book of the prophets, O ye house of Israel, have ye offered to me slain beasts and sacrifices by the space of FORTY YEARS IN THE WILDERNESS? Yea, ye took up THE TABERNACLE OF MOLOCH, AND THE STAR OF YOUR GOD REMPHAN, figures which ye made to worship them…” (Acts 7:42-43)
THE FALSE TABERNACLE AND THE TRUE TABERNACLE
ARE ALSO MENTIONED IN HEBREWS
- “Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such AN HIGH PRIEST (JESUS CHRIST), who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens; A minister of the sanctuary, and of THE TRUE TABERNACLE, WHICH THE LORD PITCHED, AND NOT MAN.” (Hebrews 8:1-2)
During the LAST TWO CENTURIES the six-pointed star has become a distinct Jewish symbol. One motive was the desire to have a common Jewish identification similar to the Christian cross.
Notice that it has ONLY BEEN THE PAST TWO CENTURIES that the star has become a distinct Jewish symbol.
Although the Nazis used the star as A BADGE OF SHAME during World War II, it came to represent unity and hope.
The Jewish people in Hitler’s time were not thinking of unity and hope. They were thinking of SURVIVAL.
Today the Star of David stands alongside the much older MENORAH or candelabrum as a symbol of Jewish tradition.
Even though the menorah is old THE BURNING BUSH IS OLDER and is in direct connection with the Jewish nation.
The burning bush is THE REAL SYMBOL of the Jewish Nation and not the Star of David. The Star of David (so called) is definitely from pagan origins and is not approved by God Almighty in the scriptures.
Who knows? Maybe when the Lord returns and sets up His kingdom He will present a NEW FLAG for Israel – with A BURNING BUSH on it AS A REMINDER to His people that HE LOVED THEM AND PRESERVED THEM THROUGHOUT THE AGES AS A NATION.