(Aug 30, 2012)A mandatory evacuation has been ordered as a dam threatens to break at Lake Tangipahoa at the Percy Quin Dam in Mississippi. The evacuation area runs from Kentwood, Louisiana to Robert, Louisiana along the river.The evacuation is estimated to impact 50,000 to 60,000 people. While the dam is currently holding up, officials said there was at least a 50 percent chance it could break, making it essential people leave the area, especially those in lower-lying areas.Officials are going door-to-door to let people know of the evacuation.The governor has activated evacuation transportation, including flights and buses.
- Louisiana orders evacuation after Miss. dam threatened (enewscourier.com)
- BREAKING: Levee breach feared; 50,000+ ordered out (investmentwatchblog.com)
- Mississippi dam about to fall (ktrh.com)
- Mississippi dam about to fall (schnittshow.com)
- Mississippi dam about to fall (540wfla.com)
- Mississippi dam about to fall (mega949.com)