Commentary & Analysis
If you scroll down to In Other News Section, you will discover a list of articles that could have come right out of the Guide Book to the Supernatural, i.e. the Bible. The headlines tell us of 7.7 earthquakes, fish die offs, lawlessness, wars and rumors of wars, mutating butterflies and the coming super soldiers that will fight in future wars.
Now when we compare these headlines with the admonishing words of Jesus, who warns us that before the Tribulation there will be, wars and rumors of wars, famines, pestilence and earthquakes in diverse places and troublesome times, what are we to think? I would call to your attention to when these words were uttered as then, there was no way to track any of this! In other words not until modernity have we been able to track earthquakes in diverse places, and now I get pinged on my I-phone when a temblor happens!
In my opinion these are the birth pains that Jesus warns us will precede His coming. In my post yesterday I pointed out that I can imagine the day when he will return. It’s not some religious fantasy, or wishful thinking, but it is a reality that I believe will soon manifest here. While almost every generation believes it is the last, in my opinion, we are living in a time that is unique and sets itself apart from any other and here are some reasons that illustrate this.
1. Israel has been gathered from the four corners of the earth and established. This is a partial fulfillment of Ezekiel 37.
2. The desert blooms as the latter rain has fallen on Israel, which didn’t fall for almost 200 years.
3. Jerusalem is a cup of trembling to the whole world. This wasn’t so until recent times.
4. The ancient language of Hebrew is once again spoken.
5. The supernatural is manifesting in ways that are unprecedented. Think the burgeoning UFOs, abductions, implants, and demonic manifestations, like the Miami Cannibal.
6. Wrong is called right and right is called wrong. Our morals and values have been turned upside down. Those of us who hold on to Biblical truths are strangers living in a strange land.
7. Weather patterns and records are being shattered as this year over 4,200 temperature records were broken in the US.
8. There are signs in the heavens, CME’s, Planet X, protuberances with the moon, Saturn loosing its ring and weird anomalies next to the sun.
9. There are false Messiah’s as people who claim to be Jesus keep popping up world-wide. The real Jesus warned us that this would precede His coming and this was well before the church age when He had only a few followers.
10. Prophecies that tell of a group of nations going up against Israel in the later days, to destroy her, seem to be forming in front of our eyes.
In closing todays post: We have to ask ourselves, is it business as usual or something more? When rain does not fall in our land and our crops don’t ripen, is this just a coincidence or is the God of Heaven holding back the rain in judgment? I don’t think what we are seeing is ‘normal’ and I believe these are the birth pains that Jesus warns us will precede His coming.
Be still and know that I AM God. Behold the days are coming when I will show mu strength on the mountains of Israel.